- Co-written with Dr Christine Hilcenko, researcher at Cambridge UNIVERSITY, Language Learning Models: Challenge and Benefits for Education
- Co-written with Dr Christine Hilcenko, researcher at Cambridge UNIVERSITY, Medical Data, Reconciling Research and Data Protection
- Co-written article published by the International Association of Privacy Practionners IAPP, Tara Taubman-Bassirian and Luis Alberto Montezuma ‘How to avoid consent fatigue’.
- Co-written with Dr Christine Hilcenko, researcher at Cambridge UNIVERSITY, Privacy, Education and Human Dignity, also published by Wydawnictwo Oświatowe FOSZE
- Schrems-II Invalidation of the Privacy Shield by the ECJ
- CCTV cameras and captured images
- Websites surreptitiously tracking and reporting on visitors
- Insurability Of Fines And Penalties For Breaches Of The GDPR
- Increasing Fines Expected from German DPAs
- Cookies Are Not Yummies
- Guest writter Tara Taubman-Bassirian in ITSecurity :
- Still in Denial of the Tough New Privacy Law GDPR?
- Private Company CONCENTRIX Acting on Belhaf of HMRC
- The New Data Protection Regulation Has Been Adopted
- Apple Stands To Defend Customer’s Privacy
- ECJ Says Safe Harbor Is Not So Safe
- Ashley Madison Site Has Been Hacked And Why Should It Matter?
- The Right To Be Forgotten – EU and Elsewhere
- Looking For The Worm in the Apple Watch?
- Internet Law And Privacy
Research written for Cutter Consortium : Geolocation and Privacy: Part I — Wide Choices, Legal Issues
Co-written research paper for the European Union Cybersecurity Agency ENISA ‘Online as soon as it happens (EN)’
Published by Global Voices ‘HADOPI, ACTA, Digital Economy Bill: From Human Rights to Economic Rights‘ and translated by João Miguel Lima in Portuguese HADOPI, ACTA, Declaração da Economia Digital: dos Direitos Humanos aos Direitos Econômicos
Published on Linkedin :
- Les Professionnels du Droit à l’Ère du Numérique
- Lawyer Cloud Act : Quel Cloud Pour Les Cabinets d’Avocats ?
- L’Ensauvagement Vu Par l’Avokayon
- How To Understand the Ofqual AI Predicting A-Levels Debacle
- Schrems II Invalidation of the Privacy Shield by the ECJ
- An Alternative Proposition for A More Effective GDPR Enforcement
- STOP-COVID COMBATTRE LA PANDÉMIE SANS INFECTER LA DÉMOCRATIE
- ZOOM VIDEOCONFERENCING PRIVACY AND LIABILITY
- Zoom’s Privacy and Security Concerns Is A Wake Up Call for GDPR
- Consider Personal Data as a Hot Potato
- French Court Said NO To Facial Recognition Technology
- FACIAL RECOGNITION TECHNOLOGIES
- Privacy at a Glance
- POURQUOI LE RESPECT DE LA VIE PRIVEE EST IMPERATIF
- UK WATCHDOG INVESTIGATION OF BRITISH AIRWAYS AND MARRIOTT HOTELS SECURITY BREACHES
- Consent and Direct Marketing
- Facebook Saga
- HAPPY VALENTINES DAY PRIVACY LOVERS
- How to Understand the GDPR Legitimate Interest
- Google Subject to the Biggest Fine Under GDPR
- 2019 GDPR and Privacy Best Wishes
- Website Transparency : Cookies and Privacy Notice
- CNIL – Six months of GDPR
- CNIL Published a First Review : 6 Months of the GDPR
- Privacy And Design
- Memory, Forgetfulness and Privacy
- After Air Canada Breach Here Comes British Airways
- The Facebook Fan Page ECJ ruling
- Consenting to Consent Needs Consent?
- GDPR Is Not Shooting The Messenger
- GDPR Material and Territorial Scopes
- Round up of Privacy and Data Protection News
- The End Of Unsollicited Emails?
- The Facebook Fan Page ECJ Ruling
- Keeping an Eye
- Law Firm Internet Security and Data Protection
- Life Under Digits
- Privacy Experts in Need of Career Path
- United Airlines In Bad Shape
- France Initiatives to Tackle the Challenges of Artificial Intelligence
- All You Need to Know About GDPR Compliance
- Jacqueline Sauvage
- Drones, Autonomus Cars, Ethics and Regulation.
- Wearable Cameras
- Police 3D-Printed a murder victim’s finger to unlock his phone
- Private Company Concentrix Acting on Behalf of HMRC raising a Number of Issues
- Periscope est en deuil
- Navigating the new EU Data Protection Rules
- Why Should We All Care About PanamaPapers ?
- Copyright Claim to Deny Freedom of Speech
- Welcoming Human Beings Remains a Duty
- Accueillir les immigrés reste un devoir
- The Right to Education for the Right Education
- Apple-FBI battle of Privacy v Security
- Periscope For Lawyers ?
- Periscope or not ?
- ECJ Says Safe Harbor Is Not So Safe
- The Right to be Forgotten is no Censorship
- Bigger Than Big Data, Processed Information is Gold
- Teaching The Skills For Life, Compassion And Empathy
- How an Online Negative Review Can Be Positively Exploited
- Boyhood You Said? It Was Just Motherhood That I Saw
- Any Hope For a Universal Language ?
Elsewhere on the net :
- The Future of the Digital Music
- Law Enforcement and Internet Jurisdiction
- To be or not to be (anonymous)? Anonymity in the age of big and open data
- Catching up with the annual CPDP conference in Brussels
- Copyright Confusion is Madness
- To Nelson Mandela and all brave men of his kind
- The eCommerce Directive: A shield for ISPs…. Or a stick with which they may be beaten ?
- The Interests of Authors, February 6, 7:00 p.m. EST
- The Copyright madness inflames the relationship between US and Antigua/Barbuda
- Humanity Connected is God ?
- What a week! A weak copyright !
- jeff Jarvis tought me iomega sucks
- Des yeux dans le bac a sable, paranoia ou realite. A la recherche d’un consentement avise
- Why should we all pay for the Music Industry ?
- Loi Hadopi 1 + 2 = 3 ?
- Amazon Burns Orwell’s E-Books
- IP Addresses and User Privacy
- Technical explanations on HADOPI or a law in agony
- Twitter suspended my account!!!
After the storm, here comes the rainbow arch of colours. Data compliance of today will hopefully bring harmony by applying a series of rules and regulations. The new digital world is regulated by the GDPR in the EU with less known several other regulations, the ePrivacy, the PECR, Convention 108, the NIS, the eCommerce Directive, IP laws, ….
We want to help every individual and every organisations to know their rights and liabilities. We want to help you walk trough the labyrinth, under the DATARAINBOW.
We hope you will not see regulations simply as a burden, more as a Fundamental Human Right for individuals bringing better trust for a better business.
Who created DATARAINBOW ?
Tara Taubman-Bassirian, LLM, was initially trained in French Law before settling in the UK. She has a Maitrise of Private Law from the prestigious University of Pantheon Assas, Paris 2, before her more recent specialisation in Computer and Communication Law with a Masters at Queen Mary at University of London. She has completed for IP Law knowledge with a Harvard University course. She has expertise in areas of privacy, data protection, intellectual property, eCommerce and eReputation. She has made a name for herself in several areas of the world, most notably the UK, France and the US. Languages she practices have helped her to widen her horizon and reach. An early adopter of emerging technologies, Tara makes it her business to understand the challenges presented by regulations in this high connectivity era, which is how she has become a trusted adviser to individuals & businesses navigating legal pathways to justice on the internet. Tara is very active in raising awareness of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & advising businesses on the compliance requirements. Tara is a member of ICANN’s NCUC & is a volunteer mediator for Surrey Mediation where she extends community mediation to copyright conflict resolution. Tara co-founded Facebook group Fly A Kite with Rebecca Herold. It is dedicated to eradicating cyber-bullying & improving online security, something near & dear to us both.
CONTACT : Data@datarainbow.eu
Privacy Hero of the Year poll, and the results are in… Tara Taubman-Bassirian is the winner!
(Big thank you to the community of voters for participating in our first ever Privacy Hero of the Year initiative.)
Hopefully you will get a chance to hear from Tara and Philip on upcoming episodes of Rebecca Herold’s radio show, Data Security and Privacy with The Privacy Professor. I’ve extended invitations to each today, so stay tuned for more details.
Tara Taubman-Bassirian: Early adopter learns tech so she can teach others.
For keeping up with news on IT security, Privacy and Online Security, join our Facebook Group Fly A Kite.